I’m currently an assistant professor at Kyungpook National University, College of IT Engineering, School of Computer Science and Engineering department. Before, I was affiliated with Bio & Health Informatics Lab and Bioinformatics Institute at Seoul National University (SNU) as a postdoctoral Research Fellow. I received a Ph.D. degree in Bioinformatics at the Life Science department (SNU) in 2017. My research area focuses on developing machine learning algorithms and tools for analyzing high throughput next generation sequencing data from various organisms, such as, rice, ginseng, chicken, mouse and human.
Thesis: “Clustering methods and approaches for the integrated analysis of protein coding and non-coding transcripts”
Advisor: Sun Kim
Main research areas:
- Machine learning
- Big data mining
- Computational interpretation of biological data
Thesis: “RMon: A Proactive Sensor Network Management Framework for the RETOS Applications”
Advisor: Hojung Cha
Main research areas:
- Embedded systems and operating systems for sensor networks
- Sensor network monitoring algorithms and tools
Received Bachelor of Science and Post Graduate Diploma in Computer Science at the Computer Science department.
Thesis title: “Clustering methods and approaches for the integrated analysis of protein coding and non-coding transcripts”
Paper title: “TimesVector: a vectorized clustering approach to the analysis of time series transcriptome data from multiple phenotypes.”
Award title: Participation Award for taking role in the publication of IEEE Std 802.16p-2012 and 802.16.1b-2012
Publications listed in chronological order
Spring Semester 2019: Lecturing Automata and Formal Languages.
I’ve lectured the “Bioinformatics 2” course that covers basic to advanced techniques in bioinformatics.
As a research fellow with a personal grant, my research focused on data mining large scale next generation sequencing data.
Main research topics:
- Large scale multi-omics data integration and analysis of breast cancer data
- CRISPR-CAS9 data analysis
- Time-series data analysis
Research Engineer at LG Electronics, Anyang, Korea
- Research and development of cellular technologies for standard bodies for WiMAX 2.0 (i.e. IEEE802.16m) and LTE Rel. 10. The standard technologies that I’ve developed are in the domains of Layer 1 and 2 (PHY/MAC). Main research and development topics are mobility management and security provision.
- Acted as rapporteur lead for the IEEE802.16 TGm (http://www.ieee802.org/16/tgm/) Handover RG (Rapporteur Group), 2008-2009
- Acted as chair for the IEEE802.16 TGm Handover Ad-hoc group, 2009-2010
- Acted as chair for the WiMAX 2.0 TWG Handover/Security Ad-hoc group for profiling standard technologies, 2010–2011
- Acted as chair and editor for IEEE802.16 PPC (Project Planning Committee, http://wirelessman.org/ppc/index.html) on Hierarchical Networks, 2010–2011